Florida’s Premier Collegiate Pitch Competition
- Date of Event: TBA 2020
- Location: FAU – Boca Raton
- Additional Details: TBA
- Detailed Agenda TBA
- Executive Summary: Clear, exciting and effective as a stand-alone overview of the product.
- Product or Service: Description, features and benefits, pricing, current state of development, proprietary position.
- Market and Market Strategy: Description of market, competitive analysis, needs identification, unique capabilities, sales/promotion.
- Management: Background of key individuals, ability to execute strategy, personnel needs.
- Summary Financials: Presented in summary form, easy to read and understand, consistent with plan and effectiveness.
- Overall Assessment of the Presentation: Is the plan clear and compelling.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Any student or team who was in school during the Fall semester is qualified to complete.
- Students participating should be undergraduates with ownership and control of at least 51% of the company.
- Participant teams will be selected by the REEF school and the team will provide the judges a short executive summary.
- All schools will be required to have at least one faculty or staff member in attendance with their student or team.
- Student teams must not have revenue that exceeds $100,000.00 before the beginning of the competition.
Tips & Recommendations
Recommendations for the PowerPoint
- Present a problem requiring a resolution.
- Present your business model.
- Present the resolution you’re able to provide (your product or service).
- Explain your revenue model.
- Depict your plan to launch.
- Do not allow your PowerPoint to exceed ten (10) slides.
- The font should be easily seen; minimal words should be used on each slide.
- Visuals (images, graphs, etc…) are a major plus, just make sure they’re relevant to your presentation.
- Comparison charts that depict why you’re better than your competition are great when trying to be persuasive!
Tips & Recommendations
- First Place – A trophy, the school of which the winning student(s) attend will hold the large trophy for the year, and a cash prize (50% of prize pool from competing schools).
- Second Place – A Certificate and a cash prize (30% of prize pool from competing schools).
- Third Place – A Certificate and a cash prize (20% of prize pool from competing schools).